Never Stop Learning

Thursday 2 October 2014

Butterfly Botanicals British Craft Network Samples.


Large Butterfly Card.


Side view of 8 x 8 card.



Inside of the card


Card front

As soon as this CD arrived for the samples to be made I just fell in love with it. 

The combination of backing papers and butterfly images are fantastic. The CD has a Victorian Butterfly collection feel about it but with paper butterflies.

The images on Kraftyhands  CDs are always so good that you can play around with them and I like to push it to the limits sometimes and resize  them.

I had in my mind a k card because I wanted to have some movement in the central aperture with a butterfly dangling. It was hard to choose which butterfly to use, but I finally decided on this one. 

Using the snapshot tool on Adobe I cut and pasted the butterfly into Word then enlarged it to fit on the front of an 8 x 8 card. It was printed on white card so the bright white needed to be toned down with distress in to make it less stark. I printed a second butterfly and cut this one out without the antenna. This means that when you decoupage the second one on top you have a clean image below to make it look real. The wings are slightly curved and held in place with silicone glue. The edge was embossed in an old gold embossing powder. To give some texture to the front I added black organza ribbon with cream lace. The gold embellishment is made out of paper clay and painted gold.

For the inside I used a die to cut the aperture and tonic butterfly dies. The side panels are gold card embossed with a butterfly embossing sheet. The butterfly is made by printing two butterflies and gluing them back to back with a thread fixed in the middle for it to hang by.

I added a sentiment but it could have been left without one and become a piece of  decoration. 

I think if I was giving or selling  this card to someone I would present it in a box.

Hope you like the card.



1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful card Laura. The dangling butterfly is gorgeous and I love the large butterfly on the front x

    ReplyDelete